HFA member PROFITsystems, a leading provider of solutions for home furnishings retailers, has put together a list of considerations for independent retailers to manage and design the showroom of the future. These insights, based on 40 years of success, empower companies of all sizes to meet the increasingly complex and growing demands of today’s omnichannel landscape and the consumer of tomorrow.
Meeting millennial expectations is driving the industry to change. From eCommerce, to reverse logistics, to same-day delivery, to mobility, to social engagement and beyond, furniture retailers need the latest technologies to stay competitive. This requires the right retail inventory and point of sale (POS) partner. PROFITsystems, using its four decades of home furnishings retail experience, outlines what to evaluate when selecting a solutions provider:
- Evolution: A provider that regularly updates its technology stack assures you have the features to capitalize on the latest industry trends.
- The Cloud: The cloud offers flexibility, security, cost savings, mobility, increased collaboration and easier maintenance to thrive in today’s market.
- Automation: Look for easy-to-use tools that enhance and simplify processes. For example, consider an API that instantly syncs data between websites and ERP systems or offers integrations to automate online reviews.
- Adaptability: Pick a provider that adjusts to how you work best, such as integrating with your existing ecommerce provider.
- Inventory Control: Assure your provider makes the most of your data, allowing you to analyze sales trends and metrics to strategically maintain your inventory.
- A Power Engine: Think about the resources available to your provider. Look for someone with the backing to progress their services to meet your needs today and tomorrow.
“PROFITsystems prides itself on understanding our customers’ journeys,” said Joanne Gulnac, general manager of PROFITsystems. “Starting as a small business, we have the mentality and passion of a ‘mom and pop shop’ with the resources of a global organization. We’ve gotten better with age – transitioning as the trailblazers in the home furnishings industry to the driving force of the next-generation technologies necessary to meet each of our customer’s unique goals.”
Retailers who are attending Las Vegas Market can learn more and catch a demo of PROFITsystems at Home Furnishings Association’s Retail Resource Center from July 29 to August 2. The RRC is located in B1050. To schedule a meeting with company executives, contact email@example.com.