May 4, 2017—
The NPD Group (a leading consumer market research company) recently released a list of 10 ways to win consumers hearts this year, based on their examination of retail sales data and industry trends and looking ahead to where retail is headed.
Here’s 6 of the tips that apply to the furniture industry, but click here for the full list of 10 ways from NPD.
- Give them all the feels—experience beats stuff
- Be ethical, transparent, and take a position—causes, actions, values beat lip service
- Market directly to them—segmented, targeted messages beat mass communication
- Make feeling safe, feel easy—smart home devices (and the furniture to accommodate them) beat old school devices (to the tune of a 90% growth from 2016-2018)
- Get personal—custom beats mass produced
- Help them prevent—prevention beats reaction (as in health and well-being, as in getting a good night’s sleep on the right mattress)